Monday, March 18, 2019

the Window

I remember when I use to sit in the window of my grandparents’ room. On a rainy day, the sideways of the broken road to our home use to become a muddy pool. The smell of soil made me feel alive, and I would look at the all so sprawling nature in much astonishment. Of course, in the evening the insects related to rain use to create havoc, we can’t keep doors open and the humidity just sets in and in those times, power cut was as natural as breathing.

That window was my telescope to all the thoughts which I keep to myself, my stories, and my fantasies. There were no boundaries, not even logic. It was like, as they say, “the dumb didn’t know that it can’t be done, hence he did it”.

Although the window and the place to sit near it was not big, but it remains the same. The more the years passed, the more the logic and smaller the world outside of the Window. That room is still there, the window is also there, the people are gone. The vision to that unknown land of my fantasy is gone, gone are the feelings to the rain and… I think, gone is my childhood.

This was not the only window any of us look through (although we all miss that one)… the Window to our world, someone else’s world, the Window to that special one heart, the Window to desired future life… all of them gets narrowed down and the one which is left does not even strike as a window.

Earlier, the Window was to look out and to look in. Now we all look out only, to the life we didn’t chose, the dreams that we let go off, the other ME who hate me for letting him down over the years. We hide ourselves in an artificial comfort zone which we ourselves judge as life.

‘the Race’ has tired us down, ‘the Cost’ of ‘the Hope’ has put us in debt in all sorts of way. Only ‘the Hold’ of that ONE still kicks us to give a flickering jerk to us. ‘the Window’ will always be there, it will never shrink. All that matters is us, to take a chance, to……

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very beautifully written. Took me back in time of my childhood days. All of us can relate to this..